Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wagnerap
Regular Visitor

Paused desktop version

I'm running across a few pause notifications, and it seems our use-case for these data sets are normally accesed via the desktop-app and not via the power-BI website.  Does a pause mean there has been no activity by the desktop-App, or only by the website?  The documentation says after two months of inactivity, but I'm unsure if that is via the website, the desktop app, or both and need to confirm? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wagnerap Inactivity in the Service. They don't want to keep refreshing or consuming resources on datasets/reports that no one is using.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@wagnerap Inactivity in the Service. They don't want to keep refreshing or consuming resources on datasets/reports that no one is using.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks.  For anyone looking for similar The powerBI FAQ anwsered my folup question out that the website and desktop app do use the common  service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors