Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

axata
Helper I
Helper I

POWERBI SIGN UP ISSUES

Hi, I am trying to get Sign up for powerbi services but every time it displays the message - "your IT department has

turned off sign up for microsoft powerbi".

I already have the microsoft office 365 account of my organization.

how to exectly enable our organization sign up for microsoft powerBI?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@axata I'm made the assumption that your IT team disabled it... if that isn't the case, this document will help you figure out where you are at. It should be as straightforward as assigning the Power BI Free license in the O365 admin portal which you can find details on here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
axata
Helper I
Helper I

the admin does not know how to do that. Can you point us in the correct direction?

@axata I'm made the assumption that your IT team disabled it... if that isn't the case, this document will help you figure out where you are at. It should be as straightforward as assigning the Power BI Free license in the O365 admin portal which you can find details on here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

hey I tried to signed up using other work Id. which is not belongs to office 365 and it displays the message that "Go Check your mail- click on link send by powerbi".

but, i am not receiving anykind of mail from powerbi regarding to the sign up. i also tried to resend link but still not get the link for sign up.

@axata Is your Office 365 environment hosted by a 3rd party? What level of Office 365 do you have and which license? Do you have exchange online as part of the sub?

@axata You need to contact your office 365 administrator and ask them to provision a free license (or Pro if you have the subscription) to your user account. They have disabled the ability for you to do it on your own, and the licensing or permission needs to be granted by them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors