Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saileekumawat
Frequent Visitor

Oracle Data Source in Enterprise Gateway- error

Hi,

I have a data model which refreshes perfectly ok from the power BI desktop in 45 minutes. When same source is refreshed via enterprise gateway I get following error. I don't have personal gateway installed for any conflicts , Also when tried with just 1 table, data refresh succedded . Not sure what should I do. 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In case anyone else is facing same issue -

Set the command timeout parameter. I changed mine from default( i think it is 10 minutes) to 300 minutes and the dahsboard refreshed from the gateway in approx 1 hour. 

Thanks,

Sailee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saileekumawat,

it seems like your datasource contains large amount of records.  I'd like to suggest you use direct query mode to connect, it will be more suitable for your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@saileekumawat 45 minutes is a long time... You may be encountering a time-out or something may be killing your process on the Oracle side. Check out the Troubleshooting page, you can check the gateway logs to determine if there is any more useful info there along with other tips for troubleshooting.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the link. As the data gets refreshed from the desktop, it has to be gateway who is killing the process. I will check the troubleshoot options. 

Thanks,
Sailee

In case anyone else is facing same issue -

Set the command timeout parameter. I changed mine from default( i think it is 10 minutes) to 300 minutes and the dahsboard refreshed from the gateway in approx 1 hour. 

Thanks,

Sailee

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

How/Where do I chnage connection timeout

database.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors