Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dimasikmipt

One report to some workspace

Hello everyone!

I want to use one report in different workspace. I want to refresh dataset only ONCE and then use it.

What i have to do? Because right now i found only the one way: publish this report in every workspace.

But this means, that every workspace has it own dataset of this report and i should refresh data many times inspite of one.

Thank you for your comment!

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

The only workaround I can think of is to publish up a dataset into the Power BI Service.

Then configure this dataset with the refresh frequency that you require.

Then start up a new Power BI Desktop and connect to the Dataset in the Power BI Service. 

Then create your report, and then publish it multiple times to each workspace (I know a bit of a pain)

This will mean that all the underlying reports in each workspace will be updated by the one dataset.

A question that I have is why are you publishing the same report to multiple workspaces? Just interested to understand how that works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

How did you manage to publish the service report into multiple workspaces? Everytime I try it just publishes it to the Workspace where the dataset originated from

Thanks

Alexander

I really hope they make this easier in the future. I've been avoiding creating apps until I can figure out a less labor-intensive way to do this than what @GilbertQ suggested.

As for @GilbertQ's question of why someone would want to do this, I can't speak for @dimasikmipt, but I thought it would be nice to create separate apps for the sales teams for each of our business units - that way they could each see our company-wide sales analysis (which would be the report that goes to a bunch of different apps) bundled with their business-specific sales reports.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi. You are correct. You will have to publish to each workspace separately. I read that we will soon have the capability to pin a dashboard across multiple workspaces. This will solve ypur problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors