Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

phi2134
Helper I
Helper I

On Premise Gateway not showing up under manage gateways

Hello, myself and another member of my team are both Power BI Service Administrators.  He has successfully installed the on-premise data gateway on a VM and he can configure it properly under the Manage Gateways section in the online portal and even add a data source.  

He added me as an administrator for the gateway itself but i still can't see it when i go to manage gateways?  Any thoughts on this or anyone else have the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi phi2134,

Based on my test, on-premise data gateway can’t be shared with external users. Please check if the gateway owner is in your organization.

Please let the gateway owner check if your PBI accounts are members of the same Azure Organization in azure portal: https://portal.azure.com.

If your account is a guest in Azure portal, you can not see the gateway.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, I can see the Gateways without any issues

Can you confirm that you were added to the Administrators and not as a user on the data source?

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes, we are both administrators for the gateway.  I have had the same issue where I can register the gateway under my email and he is not able to see it.  We are both using our work emails as well, so we are not external users.

Hm,

sometimes it's also the obvious things that can get us irritaded:

Check where your tenant in the Power BI Service is located, mine is North Europe

Power BI Service Location - Help - About.png

Also Check the location of your gateway, both have to be in the same location, you have to signin to check the location (make sure that you use the same location for Gateway and Power BI service), even if this may not obvious, I encountered some issues if both locations are not the same, until now I never had the time to follow this through.

Enterprise Gateway Location.png

Maybe this gives another clue.

If not, please excuse me bothering.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors