Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

northave1990

Offline Reports and Dashboard

It’s often requirement from the client for Offline Reports and Dashboard. For some reason the end user wanted to work offline or forced to work offline when they are in the Air.

5 REPLIES 5

@northave1990 I would recommend that you do your report work in the Desktop tool. For a couple of reasons, 1) you have a backup copy of all the reports you create. 2) You can work offline like you are requesting. 3) The reporting interface is the same (or really close, depending on release cycles) 4) Dashboards are the only missing piece and can be implemented quickly when you do have access to the Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I agree with you and value your wonderful recommendation. Your recommendation is for me who is creating Repots and Dashboards, but I want this feature for my end users. I mean the end user may on Airplane or remote cabin/camping or fishing, if that is the case the end user wanted to download the Reports and Dashboard.

@northave1990 Ah, yeah I see where you are coming from now... that's been an request for awhile. There are a couple different versions of the request here There currently isn't any way to pull things down (export) from the PBI Service... Add your votes to one of the requests, sorry there isn't a better answer at the moment.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey, we will add an export feature at some point (not too distant). BTW, we currently don't have any plans to bring offline capabilities to the service itself. However, please feel free to submit your idea so we can add it to our backlog.

Hey, what's the status on enabling offline reporting calability or how would the export feature can help for an end-user to access the reports, if that end-user has network/wifi in the morning but not rest of the day. Appreciate update and any workarounds

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors