Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oauth2 credentials don't work after publishing Report to PowerBI Service

Hello,

I just want to preface this by saying that I didn't have any issues with publishing a similar report on a different laptop using a previous version of PowerBI Desktop. I'm not sure if this has any bearing on the issue I'm having, but I thought it was worth mentioning. So anyway, on to my problem. When editing my report in PowerBI Desktop, I have no issue with connecting my Sharepoint data source using my organizational credentials. But, after publishing into PowerBI Service, my organizational credentials seem, at least at first, to be accepted using the Oauth2 option from the drop-down menu. Though, when I go to refresh the dataset, my credentials seem to get rejected resulting in a failure to refresh, and upon going back into the dataset settings, my credentials seem to have been reset like I never set them in the first place. This is preventing me from keeping the report up-to-date as I can't refresh the dataset without the credentials being accepted and saved. If it helps to know, I'm using restricted share links generated from Sharepoint to retrieve my data in PowerBI Desktop prior to publishing. I've included a screenshot of the error message in the dataset settings in PowerBI Service. I hope anyone was some insight regarding what could be going on!

Thanks.

credentials_stopped_working.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I test it again today and the web data source can be refreshed successfully after enter the credential use OAuth2 authentication. Please check it again in your environment to see if issue is gone.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you use web data source to connect to OneDrive for Business file, right?The OneDrive refresh issue on Power BI Service already reported to product team, and they are working on it now. Currently, I haven't get the exact information about the fix release time. But I will keep an eye on this issue, once I get the information from product team, I will update here.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing about a resolution to the issue with OneDrive data sources not functioning properly!

Hi @Anonymous,

I test it again today and the web data source can be refreshed successfully after enter the credential use OAuth2 authentication. Please check it again in your environment to see if issue is gone.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Qiuyun,

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. Yeah, it seems as though it was just an issue with oauth2 that has since been fixed. Thanks for your replies to my post!

Thanks,

Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors