Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

OData Feed: Data Source Connection Error

We are having an issue with Data Source connections using an Enterprise Data Gateway on a local server connecting to a Project Server 2013 API. Just a brief FYI - this data source was already connected to /_api/ProjectData and we already have three reports/datasets configured and published, but is now no longer working. 

DataSource6.PNG

Our Data Gateway is connected with additional data source connections working properly. We have tried to delete/add the data source back to the gateway, but we are receiving the following error:

DataSource1.PNGDataSource2.PNGDataSource3.PNG

When opening the prior reports, we are getting this error in the Query Editor:

DataSource4.PNG

Because of the Data Source connection error, the Data Gateway does not show online in the datasets:

DataSource5.PNG

Please help... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

Update: After looking into this issue further and speaking with my team, we found that it was our Global Policy removing the credentials to the NT Service\PBIEgwService account that Power BI uses to connect to the Data Gateway. Once we added the account into the Global Policy, the issue corrected itself.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my concern.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V3GAS
Helper I
Helper I

Update: After looking into this issue further and speaking with my team, we found that it was our Global Policy removing the credentials to the NT Service\PBIEgwService account that Power BI uses to connect to the Data Gateway. Once we added the account into the Global Policy, the issue corrected itself.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my concern.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@V3GAS

You need to provide the .saz file which you can save with Fiddler.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@V3GAS

Could you please repro the problem in Mar 2017 version of PBI Desktop with Fiddler running, clicking "Refresh" in the Query Editor to get the data source error. Then provide the fiddler trace to me?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors