Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rami
Regular Visitor

Not able to use Enterprise Data Gateway after Personal was uninstalled

I`ve installed and tried to set-up refresh by schedule with Personal Gateway.

Since there was no success (Gateway was visible in Power BI Service, but data wasn`t refreshing) I`ve removed it from PC and Enterprise Gateway was installed.

Now when I`m checking Gateway setup in settings via in Power BI Service I can see records about personal gateway only.
Personal gateway ERROR.png

At the same moment in Gateway Setup:

DATA Gateway.png

How can I change preferred gateway when personal is removed and only on-premises is working, and it`s not visible from PBI website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rami
Regular Visitor

Hello, thnx for your help.

Actually issue was resolved as described in one manual. In the moment I can`t find right link.   Here it is https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/failure-installing-the-power-bi-personal-gateway/

I`ve looked at the setup logs, where I`ve found kinda ID of Microsoft management gateway (or smtng like that) and removed it using CMD+it`s ID.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rami
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Options that you described on screenshots wasn`t able since I was intalling Personal Gateway.

Even when I`ve intalled Enterpise Gateway I couldn`t change gateway in web version, but it was visible and data sources was successfully connected.

Rami
Regular Visitor

Hello, thnx for your help.

Actually issue was resolved as described in one manual. In the moment I can`t find right link.   Here it is https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/failure-installing-the-power-bi-personal-gateway/

I`ve looked at the setup logs, where I`ve found kinda ID of Microsoft management gateway (or smtng like that) and removed it using CMD+it`s ID.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rami

What is your data source here? Could you please confirm the data source connection is successful as below?

Not able to use Enterprise Data Gateway after Personal was uninstalled_1.jpgNot able to use Enterprise Data Gateway after Personal was uninstalled_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors