Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brett_walton
Helper II
Helper II

Not able to get Email Subscriptions to work

Hoping others are having luck . 

I subscribed to a report subscription, followed the steps when I go back into the service I see the subscription but I am NOT recieving any emails , any ideas to trouble shoot ? Are there certain email requirements ? Is the email address from my O365 account settings ? 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You may check your companies email filter.  AT&T is our email gateway and they filter some email out before it even gets to our internal junk mail filters.  They send a notification of all the emials they block periodically and that's where I noticed they were catching emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  So you may check with your external provider. 

View solution in original post

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just tested this and it should be working for you. 

One thing i noticed is it takes about 90 seconds from upgrading to Trial before this will work...so you may have to retry if i you JUST upgraded to trial. 

As was suggested earlier in the thread if you a Pro or Trial user and your subscriptions are not working please contact support. 

Chuck Sterling

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

I think this is definitely not working with the Pro Trial.  I just added one subscription for myself and refreshed and it worked immediately. I had tried everything else with no success since June 27.  I was getting them on the Pro Trial for a long time, but apparently that is not working anymore.  I cannot find documentation of that so I don't know if it is a bug or working as intended.

Same for me... 

Any feedback from MS Support? Is that because of PowerBI-Trial?

Thx

Axel

I've tried everything I can think of, but also can't get any report/dashboard subscriptions working on Pro Trial accounts.  Data-driven alerts and dataset/service issue emails are being received without issue.  

Has anyone on a Pro Trial account been able to receive a report subscription email in the last month?  

*** Solved ***

Buy a PRO License and it will work again. I´ve had problerms for months and the same second the PRO Trial was replaced by paid subscription it worked! 

This is a poor experience.  The pro trial never says anything about missing features, and given that this is one mainly used by executives, having it just not work is bad for adoption.  If it's not going to work for trial users, it should be turned off or show a message saying so.  

jame5_blonde
Frequent Visitor

Same problem with me, my sucriptions just stopped working!?

I´ve got multiple subscriptions working fine for months, PRO user ofc, direct querrys, gateway working and refreshing fine. 

I´ve looked in my spam filter, exchange logs there is nothing?

It there anyway to troubleshoot this further, MS please assist

/Jame5

There are spam filters at the company level and at your external internet access provider level.  For example our company has an internet acces line provided by AT&T.  The emails were being blocked by them.  It had nothing to do with any setting heres.  You should ask your IT department to check with their internet providers Secure Email Gateway.  Ask them to add PowerBi.com to approved email addresses and ilithium.com to updates from the user group community

fitcja
Helper I
Helper I

Does this work with the Power Bi Pro trial? I can't seem to get mine to work.

Mine was working up until a week or two ago, then suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. I've been on the Pro free trial for several months now, and still have about 11 months left on the trial. I haven't changed my email or any settings in Power BI. I even tried deleting my subscriptions and setting them up again, but that didn't help.

Same thing here - Power bi PRO subscription - was working until a couple of weeks ago - suddenly i stopped receiving the notifications:

• Report is based on direct query that gets refreshed regurarly
  • my Powerbi user name is the same email address where i'd like to receive the subscriptions (not on azure, on google apps as a domain that is also in azure AD)
  • I checked the spam foder etc...

Any Idea on how to solve this?

Same thing here - Power bi PRO subscription - was working until a couple of weeks ago - suddenly i stopped receiving the notifications:

• Report is based on direct query that gets refreshed regurarly
  • my Powerbi user name is the same email address where i'd like to receive the subscriptions (not on azure, on google apps as a domain that is also in azure AD)
  • I checked the spam foder etc...

Any Idea on how to solve this?

fitcja
Helper I
Helper I

Does this work if you're on a Power BI Pro free trial? I can't seem to get mine to work.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brett_walton,

The email subscription feature  is only available for Pro users. Please check this article to  get more details about how subscription works in Power BI and what are the limitations.

In addition,  if you don’t hit any limitations described in the above article, after you subscribe a report, trigger a refresh by going to the dataset and clicking the “Refresh now” option once you have data changes, then check if you get email. Power BI will send an email to the address that you use to sign into Power BI.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Thank You for the suggestions but I do have PRO .. Question about the mail. The "address" I used to log into PBI / O365 is different than my email (long story from my ADMIN) BUT the email in my account tied to that address is correct. Do you think that is my problem ? 

thanks 

Hi @brett_walton,

I suspect that the issue is related to your email account. As stated in this blog, Power BI will send an email to the address that you use to sign into Power BI.

Currently, we are not able to subscribe others to email of reports, please check this idea:https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17757451-subscribe-others-to-emai....

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Doesn't work for me.

• i've Power BI Pro
  • I log in with my work email address (AD Azure synced)
  • Done multiple data refreshes and nothing 

I also have a Power BI Pro license and am using my work email to log in.  No emails are coming through

this remains an issue for me as well. If I find something I will update this thread. 

You may check your companies email filter.  AT&T is our email gateway and they filter some email out before it even gets to our internal junk mail filters.  They send a notification of all the emials they block periodically and that's where I noticed they were catching emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  So you may check with your external provider. 

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I checked our company's spam settings, my personal spam folder and still no emails.  Dataset was refreshed this morning and no new emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  

Any other suggestions to make this work?  I'm the admin on the powerbi account and all dashboards were created and uploaded under my account (not sure if that matters).

Hi,

its working fine for me, has been for some weeks now - slight wrinkle in that if I have multiple subscriptions at the same time its gets a bit confused and send me the same subscription (with different titles twice)

emails are coming from:

no-reply-powerbi@azureemail.microsoft.com

Our tech guys didn't do anything 

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors