Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dsutt519
Advocate II
Advocate II

Not Working

Most of the times Power BI works great! However, at least a couple times a day nothing works (dashboards, reports, publish to power BI, analyze in Excel). When I go to Power BI to see what the issue is, I notice the dashboards are just spinning. It seems like after a period of time (sometimes 10 minutes – sometimes more) everything randomly starts working again.

Does this happen to anyone else or is PBI completely reliable for you?

8 REPLIES 8
Scott_W
Advocate I
Advocate I

We're having this issue as well where we can't access or publish any content several times per day.  It seems to have gotten alot worse lately, use to happen maybe once/week or so but now its several times a day.  

We havent found a solution.  If we delete content from the content pack and site and try to republish we get the attached error message.  If we try and publish brand new using a different name we get the attached error.  The only remedy seems to be waiting, sometimes its a day, sometimes just a few hours. 

I attached a pick showing the "status indicators"  that just spin endlessly, also the error message we receive while trying to publish during this "down-time", and also a screengrab from the "About PowerBI" window.  This really needs to be fixed as it renders the service essentially unuseable for most of the business day.  

PowerBI_failed.jpg

I've had those issues too. Usually once a day but sometime more. Hope this gets fixed soon.

For the last hour I've been able to publish without any issues. Now I just received the error below… When I go to “submit an issue” the site states that “Power BI is running smoothly” 😞

Error.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@dsutt519

I also haven’t seen this problem. If you still experience the same problem, please first check the Power BI Support site to see if there is any known issue as ankitpatira said. Furthermore, next time you can save some screenshots and provide your time and location which can be found in following option.

Not Working_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft -

thanks for your reply! This morning Power BI was not working for me for no apparent reason. Tried to republish my “Finance” dataset (usually takes less than 1 minute to publish). This morning it took 42 minuites to republish! During that time I was able to publish the data set to another one of my groups without any issues (took less than a minute). This is so odd and it happens daily which makes it super frustrating!!

Untitled.png

I am having similar issues - Publishing takes way too long or just outright fails. I could not connect to a dashboard this morning through the web service at all - and of course during a demo to an executive VP...... I had to use the Desktop application to show the reports. This is beyond frustrating.

Herb

I’m sure that was frustrating. I’m doing a demo with our CFO soon (in a week or two) and then the dataset I created will be shared with the rest of the company in early September. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Very important issue.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dsutt519 Haven't experienced situation as yours but whenver I have an issue I would use this link to check for the status.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors