Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jtomecek
Regular Visitor

No extended pro trial message

Hello,

I originally signed up for the 60 day pro trial back in April, which should of made me eligible still for the 12 month extended trail. Per the documentation here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/ but I do not have the 12 month extended trial notification on my account. I see other topics with people reporting the same issue and the fix involved PMing a mod so that is why I am creating this thread.

Can anyone help me out?

4 REPLIES 4
jtomecek
Regular Visitor

bump..is there anyone that can help me? 😞

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jtomecek,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at below conditions.

Reference link:

EXTENDED POWER BI PRO TRIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

General purpose: The free 12-month extended Power BI Pro trial offer (the “Offer”) is available to existing qualified users of the free Power BI service, in order to address changes to the service effective June 1 related to the ability to distribute and receive content. Eligible users will receive the Offer beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018.
Eligibility: Users who registered for the free Power BI service on or before May 2, 2017 and have signed into the service at least once between May 2, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for the Offer.
Exclusions: Power BI Pro and Power BI Pro trial users are not eligible for the Offer.
Term: The Offer will begin on June 1, 2017 and end on May 31, 2018. Acceptance can occur at any time during the 12-month period, though the offer will terminate on May 31, 2018 for all users regardless of when they accepted the Offer.

In addition, you can also contact to power bi support to ensure if you have the extended pro trial license.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

There are other people in my company that have the 12 month extended trial available to them and we created accounts at the exact same time. It does not make sense as to why it not be available to me. I did use the 60 day trial but in the link that I referenced it says:

Your account must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the Extended Pro Trial offer.

• Power BI Free users active between May 3, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for an Extended Pro Trial.
  • Users that have previously used or are currently on the 60-day in-product Pro trial are still eligible for the Extended Pro Trial.

Which my account does meet these requirements and I said I am one of the few people in my company that does not have the 12 month trial there are some that did receive the notification.

Thanks

Jake

Hi @jtomecek,

I also not sure which rule is the real one.

For my opinion, I'd like to suggest direct contact to power bi support to check if you have the the extend license.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors