Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

petechen

No data on Published Report but Desktop Report is Working

May be related to http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Online-Published-Report-is-Not-Refreshing/m-p/190481#M25861 but republishing didn't work for me. 

I have a PBI Report that was previously published and connects to Azure SQL db. Recently an outage caused the db to stop updating, the db has since been fixed. However, while the report on PBI Desktop is working, the one on published page does not work, shows no data at all. Even if I delete the current published report and republish, the charts are still empty. 

7 REPLIES 7
Tadder
Helper II
Helper II

I had this problem the other day https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Custom-Column-shows-on-Desktop-but-not-on-Service/m-p/25715...

unfortunately the problem is rearing it's ugly head again today.  I've removed the dataset and replaced it (that worked until today).

Do you have custom columns created in Power Query in your dataset?  I wonder if that is causing some issues...

I do have custom columns, but even using the raw data from the db shows now data, so I don't think it's the custom columns acting up. And unfortunately I have already tried republishing, deleting, and publishing again, or even publishing using a different name. Smiley Sad

when you're in Power Query veiwing the raw data the column is empty?  I had an issue also where some of the custom columns evaluated to an error - so the issue was with not handling all the exceptions in the code.  But I fixed that problem, now the data is showing in the column in Power Query, but not on the visual! 😐

my visual on Service stopped showing values - only blanks.  I refreshed the dataset from a local copy, the visual was back.  I then refreshed the dataset via the Refresh Now link in the service... and we're back to blanks.  I wonder if it's something to do with complex custom columns created in Power Query.  Are they somehow not compatible with the Service?

before and after.jpg

So I just noticed that any graph that uses any "Measures" are showing blank. Any chart that uses only "Columns" seems to be working fine. 

My charts use a custom column created in Power Query - and they aren't showing up...  so it could be a problem with both measures and custom columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors