Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mcguija
Helper III
Helper III

Newer Power BI version

Hi,

I installed version 13.0.1700.756. 

1. Is that the latest version?
2. How will i know if a new version comes out?
3. How do you install a new version, right on top?  Is any configuration lost?

Thanks
Jason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mcguija,

The latest version of Power BI Enterprise Gateway is "13.0.1700.1099".

As there is no Gateway Update Notification and Auto update for Enterprise Gateway currently, we may need to download the gateway under the Downloads menu on Power BI service and reinstall it manually for updating. 

The idea for Gateway Update Notification and Auto update for Enterprise Gateway is already shared on Power BI ideas. You can vote it up here and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mcguija
Helper III
Helper III

Rats, I am talking Enterprise.

Thanks

j.

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @mcguija,

1. Below is a screenshot of my About page. That is the latest version.

febversion.PNG

2. There will be a notification when you open PBI Desktop and you can visit the blog for the update notes.

3. No configuration lost. You just install the newest from here.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Hi Alan,

I'm sorry, I should have specified I am looking for version and how to update PowerBI Gateway.

Can you help there?

Thanks

jason

Hi @mcguija,

The latest version of Power BI Enterprise Gateway is "13.0.1700.1099".

As there is no Gateway Update Notification and Auto update for Enterprise Gateway currently, we may need to download the gateway under the Downloads menu on Power BI service and reinstall it manually for updating. 

The idea for Gateway Update Notification and Auto update for Enterprise Gateway is already shared on Power BI ideas. You can vote it up here and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

Where did you get the version number from?  I took it from the file properies of EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.exe.  Is there another way from the Application?

Thanks

j.

Hi @mcguija,

I get the version number from the latest log file of the Gateway within folder "<system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway". I also don't find a way from the Application.Smiley Happy

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

versionNO.PNG

Regards

Thanks.  Oddly I have no log file whatsoever.  I wonder if there is a setting that it not turned on?

j.

Hi @mcguija,

I haven't been aware of such options. Could you try uninstalling your Gateway first, then downloading and installing the latest version of the Gateway from here to see if the log file shows up?Smiley Happy

Regard

Where can I find the version listed before I download?

Also, where can I find info on what is fixe in new version, what is added, any security vulnerabilities it may have correctded?

Thanks

... and by version I mean version number, its easy to find download, I don't want to install before I can see version number.

thanks

j

Hey @mcguija,

Here is the current version number for the March 2017 download: 2.44.4675.422 64-bit (March, 2017)

You will find the link to the download and a summary of the changes here for that version.

Hope this helps,

Alan

@mcguija,

If it is a personal gateway it is the same process. The new update you install will just override the current, but keep the configuration.

I don't know much about the update process for enterprise gateways.

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors