Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HBhaskaran

New Gateway - PBI Service is not identifying the Enterprise Gateway

Hi,

I had to recently uninstall and reinstall the Gateway. Earlier I was using an Enterprise Gateway (Windows Server 2008R2 Standard) .

With the new on Premises Gateway, I am trying to set the same as Data Gateway. But the Power BI Service is not identifying the Gateway and was erroring as "Personal gateway is offline" . However, when I installed the same Personal gateway, I was able to overcome this.

I created a Data Gateway on my Laptop ( WIndows 10), the same power BI Service is able to identify the DataGateway. 

Is there any restrictions in the Windows Server versions?  

The minimum Requirement mentioned here is : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

Minimum Requirements:

• .NET 4.5 Framework
  • 64-bit version of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@HBhaskaran wrote:

Hi,

I had to recently uninstall and reinstall the Gateway. Earlier I was using an Enterprise Gateway (Windows Server 2008R2 Standard) .

With the new on Premises Gateway, I am trying to set the same as Data Gateway. But the Power BI Service is not identifying the Gateway and was erroring as "Personal gateway is offline" . However, when I installed the same Personal gateway, I was able to overcome this.

I created a Data Gateway on my Laptop ( WIndows 10), the same power BI Service is able to identify the DataGateway. 

Is there any restrictions in the Windows Server versions?  

The minimum Requirement mentioned here is : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

Minimum Requirements:

• .NET 4.5 Framework
  • 64-bit version of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later)

I just tested and the on-premise gateway can be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 and it can be identified by Power BI service. I didn't do any specific configuration but just click next. May I know how did you install it? Do you pass the authentication(pop-up window requiring your Power BI account and password) when intalling?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors