Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faith24

Need help on filtering with sending domain on send grid

Im using Power BI to connect with my sendgrid dashboard. My sendgrid account has many senders from different domain name. I would like to filter out 1 of them to get the sending report of emails sent, bounce, opened and etc.

Please advice how I can do that.

And if there are help posts on this in greater details.

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @faith24,

Are you connecting to your SendGrid using SendGrid content pack for Power BI? If so, I don't think it is possible to do it currently. Because the domain name is not included in the dataset of the content pack. 

In this scenario, I would suggest you to submit your requirements on Power BI Ideas to request the dataset include more information you need.

In addition, SendGrid has provided variable APIs to get data, check Using the Web API. A sample in that link is like

https://api.sendgrid.com/api/blocks.get.json?api_user=your_sendgrid_username&api_key=your_sendgrid_password

In this case, you should be able to use "get data"->"other"->"web" to get the data you need from Power BI desktop. However, by this way, you may need to re-build the whole report.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors