Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kkyle

Need help going from Dashboard tile to report

To create a tile,

1) Filter the report/visual to your liking

2) Pin it to the dashboard

Now I have a nice dashboard tile that shows the KPIs or trends I want to keep an eye on. Great.

But what if I want to reverse the process? What if I spot something of interest on the Dashboard tile, and need to go back to the report for details?

If I click on the tile to access the report, I need to re-apply all the filters. Is there a way around this?

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You would have to save the report with the filters applied per how you pinned it to the dashboard.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you. Problem is, these are centrally distributed reports for which I don't want to apply and save filters. Creating a copy of the report for the purpose of creating a dashboard tile would defeat the purpose of having a single report. Am I out of luck?

Hmm, it is an interesting dilemma. One thing that you might consider is to perhaps create a report page that has all of the visuals that you want to pin to the dashboard. Just copy and paste the visuals you already have on the reports. On this page, filter all of your visuals to the settings you want to pin to the dashboard, pin the tiles and save the report. Now, when users click on a tile, they will be transported to this page with all of the visuals filtered to how they appear in the dashboard but will be able to drill into the data and explore it. They will also have access to all of the other report pages for additional detailed information.

?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors