Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sagarmehta89
Frequent Visitor

Navigate Between Pages of a Dashboard via Hyperlink

I have a page in my report called Table of Contents

Say- 

Table of Contents:

A

B

C

D

What I would like is that if someone clicks on A, it would navigate him to "page A" in the report.

Is it possible to do this in Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sagarmehta89

What you would need to do is the following steps below.

1. Upload your report to Power BI Service (The reason for this is you need to get the full URL link, which is based on multiple GUIDs in the Power BI Service.
  2. Then go into your Power BI Report in the service.
    1. You will then see that the URL will change for each page/sheet in your report.
    2. It will change at the end of the URL and will have "ReportSection" for the first sheet created, and then "ReportSection1" for the second one etc.
    3. NOTE: You will need to algin which page/sheet name corresponds to the ReportSection 
    4. Copy the full URL's for each page/sheet
  3. Then go back into the Power BI Desktop File, and click on Enter Data
    1. Then take the Above URL's and put them into your table.
    2. Load the table into your Power BI Model.
    3. Go into your table and make sure to change the Data Category is set to Web URL in the Modeling Properties
  4. Now you can create a table with your links above.
    1. You can go into the Format Option for the table and then under the Values, there is an option for URL Icon, and enable this.

Now re-upload your Power BI Desktop file to the Power BI Service and that should now work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sagarmehta89

It is possible to do this, the trick is that each time you click on the link it will open in another tab in your Internet Browser.

I did watch the keynote at the Microsoft Data Insights Summit where in the next 3 months they are going to release a feature called "Drill Through" which will allow you to drill from one page to the next. Which is exactly what you require.

How urgent is this requirement to link pages, considering that it does take a fair bit of work, which within a few months will be done with a click?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ: Thanks for your help.

Do you have any documentation or .pbix file where you have implemented this?

It is little urgent and I think I can use your solution for now.

Hi @sagarmehta89

What you would need to do is the following steps below.

1. Upload your report to Power BI Service (The reason for this is you need to get the full URL link, which is based on multiple GUIDs in the Power BI Service.
  2. Then go into your Power BI Report in the service.
    1. You will then see that the URL will change for each page/sheet in your report.
    2. It will change at the end of the URL and will have "ReportSection" for the first sheet created, and then "ReportSection1" for the second one etc.
    3. NOTE: You will need to algin which page/sheet name corresponds to the ReportSection 
    4. Copy the full URL's for each page/sheet
  3. Then go back into the Power BI Desktop File, and click on Enter Data
    1. Then take the Above URL's and put them into your table.
    2. Load the table into your Power BI Model.
    3. Go into your table and make sure to change the Data Category is set to Web URL in the Modeling Properties
  4. Now you can create a table with your links above.
    1. You can go into the Format Option for the table and then under the Values, there is an option for URL Icon, and enable this.

Now re-upload your Power BI Desktop file to the Power BI Service and that should now work.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors