Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RaulPBI
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple selection on Mac , not in slicer

Hi everybody,

I have problems with multiple selection on Mac. Command ctrl + clic does not work. Any ideas? Does it depends on the version or the browser you use?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

6 REPLIES 6
WouterBo
Helper II
Helper II

In MacOSX (at least in my 10.13 version) Ctrl + Left-Click serves as what would be a Right-Click. 
The function most Windows users expect from a Ctrl + Left-Click should be Command + Left-Click in MacOSX. And in most applications it works fine, except in the PowerBI browser version (also known as the Service). 

I have read every offered solution here, but nothing works when trying to multiple select datapoints in a chart.

RaulPBI
Helper II
Helper II

@v-haibl-msft It completely works. It was abrowser issue.

Thank you for your help-

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RaulPBI

Please try the solutions mentioned in these two threads and let me know if it works.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Multiple-select-on-MAC/td-p/19052

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/select-multiple-boxes-in-slicer/td-p/8595

Best Regards,
Herbert

RaulPBI
Helper II
Helper II

No  v-haibl-msft  , I mean that this trick does not work in other different chart, like bar chart for example. (In slicer I know the trick) Any ideas? Is it because of the browse version?

Kind regards. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RaulPBI

Do you mean that you cannot multiple select values in the slicer using command + click in Mac Safari?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors