Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kderouich
Regular Visitor

Multiple data sources and .pbix file

Hello,

1-Can we have a multiple data sources in Power BI (on line version) for example from social network and double click campaign manager ? 

2- Can we configure '.pbix' file to automatise the data load in Power BI Desktop ? 

Thanks,

Karim

Spoiler

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@kderouich

For Facebook, there's an integrated connector in Power BI Desktop, you can reply on it.

For the rest two, there're correlated APIs you can call, check Adwords APIs and DCM APIs. You can try to use the APIs via "get data"->"other"->"web". I don't have much ideas on those two, a sample for facebook just for your reference.

Capture.PNG

And then set credential as "anonymous" in Power BI Service. Then you can schedule refresh.

View solution in original post

@kderouich wrote:

Hello,

thank you for your answer, i'm talking about this questions : 

• Can we extract data automaticly from powerBI to azure,  or we should convert it to table ( from csv file ...)? 
  • How do it work Historic Data analysis dans "Data Stream"  ?
  • Schedule Auto is not present on PowerBi Desktop, how can we extract data automaticly from powerBi desktop ?, is it possible ? 
  • What is the best practice to use  "Flow" intermadiate ? 
  • When we share data, the user can modify the data or not ? 

Thanks,

Karim

• There's no access to read data from Power BI, you can check this idea REST API access to READ datasets and vote it up.
  • If "Data Stream" refers to Streaming dataset, when "Historic data analysis" is enabled, you can see a "create report" icon, click and create reports as using regular datasets.
    Capture.PNG
  • Not possible. Check this idea. May be you could extract the data directly from the data sources?
  • You mean Microsoft FLOW? AFAIK, PBI integation in FLOW is very limited, only tile alert.
  • When sharing, no way to change data.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@kderouich wrote:

Hello,

1-Can we have a multiple data sources in Power BI (on line version) for example from social network and double click campaign manager ? 

2- Can we configure '.pbix' file to automatise the data load in Power BI Desktop ? 

@kderouich

1. No, you can only use one source in a dataset in Power BI Service.

2. I think you mean a "auto refresh"? Then the answer is no. You can check this ideas Power BI Designer API  and vote it up.

May I know what is your scenario? If you're trying to use more than one data source, you can import data from different source and publish to Power BI Service. Then configure datasource in gateway to schedule refresh.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

We have 3 principale datasources : 

• Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM)
  • Source Adwords 
  • Facebook

we should think for a way to load data and refresh it automaticly. This is the main reason for my questions.

• Can we extract data automaticly from powerBI to azure,  or we should convert it to table ( from csv file ...)? 
  • Schedule Auto is not present on PowerBi Desktop, how can we extract data automaticly from powerBi desktop ?, is it possible ? 

I know it's long, I'm trying to best understand, it's my first time on PowerBI. Thank you.

Karim

@kderouich

For Facebook, there's an integrated connector in Power BI Desktop, you can reply on it.

For the rest two, there're correlated APIs you can call, check Adwords APIs and DCM APIs. You can try to use the APIs via "get data"->"other"->"web". I don't have much ideas on those two, a sample for facebook just for your reference.

Capture.PNG

And then set credential as "anonymous" in Power BI Service. Then you can schedule refresh.

Thanks I better understand now and for the other questions ? 

@kderouich

What do you mean "for the other questions"?

I stated that to connect facebook, we can either use the integrated connector or facebook API, for the rest that there're no integrated connector, you'll have to use the correlated APIs to get data.

Hello,

Thanks,

Karim

@kderouich wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Karim

• There's no access to read data from Power BI, you can check this idea REST API access to READ datasets and vote it up.
  • If "Data Stream" refers to Streaming dataset, when "Historic data analysis" is enabled, you can see a "create report" icon, click and create reports as using regular datasets.
    Capture.PNG
  • Not possible. Check this idea. May be you could extract the data directly from the data sources?
  • You mean Microsoft FLOW? AFAIK, PBI integation in FLOW is very limited, only tile alert.
  • When sharing, no way to change data.

Thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors