Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Data Sources - You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources

Hi,

I m unable to configure Data refresh using on-premises gateway in import mode. It shows the error message "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh".

It contains two data sources

1. Excel Worksheet - placed locally (and on the server machine). Have tried working with Power Pivot as well as worksheet.

2. SAP BW Source

However excel sheets(files) are not displayed as part of data set when I try to configure data refresh for the same.

In fact I only see the error message stated above and do not see any other config options like Gateway, Schedule time ..etc.

Request your help at the earliest to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, I found the source of problem. When I compared PBIX of another data set that is currently configured for refresh with the new one, I found an additional parameter wrt SAP BW data source.  The additional parameter was not getting included in the previous versions of PBI Desktop.

I m not sure if this needs to be reported as a Bug. But I m sure that there hasn't been any changes to the SAP BW.

Bug_Found.png

Thanks,

Mannu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I can't reproduce your issue, can you share some detail information about this issue?

For e.g. how to import your excel worksheet, which gateway used to refresh, screenshots.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng @v-shex-msft,

Thanks for your response.

I m using latest version of on-premises gateway (version 14.16.1639.1) on Windows Server 2012 R2.

and also the latest version of PBI Desktop (June 2017 update)

on-premises-gateway.PNG

PBI Desktop.PNG

A simple workbook on local machine, containing 2 worksheets is being imported into PBI Desktop (both worksheets are being used). No queries or connections are being made from within Excel work book.

WS1.PNGWS2.PNG

File.Contents is being used for both the worksheets and one of them is pasted below for reference.:

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("D:\Work\Power BI\AMI\Forecast.xlsx"), null, true),
#"FOR-Workdays_Sheet" = Source{[Item="FOR-Workdays",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"FOR-Workdays_Sheet", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Date", type date}, {"Calendar Date", type date}, {"Workday", Int64.Type}, {"Holiday", type text}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Calendar Date", "Holiday"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

For SAP BW, similarly, it starts with

let
    Source = SapBusinessWarehouse.Cubes("10.92.64.117", "12", "110", [ScaleMeasures=false]),
    ZAMMI_M01 = Source{[Name="ZAMMI_M01"]}[Data],
    #"ZAMMI_M01/ZAMMI_M01_Q0001" = ZAMMI_M01{[Id="ZAMMI_M01/ZAMMI_M01_Q0001"]}[Data],

I have also tried clearing off the cache and all other data sources mentioned in  the file/ global permissions.

But still seeing the same error.

Thanks,

Mannu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, I found the source of problem. When I compared PBIX of another data set that is currently configured for refresh with the new one, I found an additional parameter wrt SAP BW data source.  The additional parameter was not getting included in the previous versions of PBI Desktop.

I m not sure if this needs to be reported as a Bug. But I m sure that there hasn't been any changes to the SAP BW.

Bug_Found.png

Thanks,

Mannu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors