Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anywhereanytime
Helper III
Helper III

Monthly update "pinned tiles" like a radial guage?

Is there a "technique or trick" to have "monthly pinned tiles" like a radial gauge "auto update" at the start of the next month?

One of our customers asked this and I thought I would ask the community?

4 REPLIES 4

@anywhereanytime I don't know if I completely follow the question. But you should most definetely be able to set up a visual to "update" based on filters. The data set will always update if you have a refresh, direct query or live connection, so in my mind, it would just be a matter of setting up my filters to give me the current first day of the current month... Then it would "update" monthly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thank you, the question is that we have a very detailed sales report that has, as 1 of it's visuals a "radial gauge for Sales vs Forecast".  The report - of course - has multiple slicers and one is "month" and one is "year".  So, this is May 2016 and "on the report" I set May + 2016 to drive the radial guage. 

I "pin that radial gauge" to a dashboard" and then "what will happen in June" since the slicers are May for month and 2016 for year.

Perhaps you are suggesting a "hardcoded version" that has page level filters = but is NOT "slicable" at the report level?

I should further add that the "radial guage" is YTD (year to date) for Sales and Forecast with, as I stated, monthly and yearly slicers (and a lot more visuals on the report) driver off of that.

BUT, "the question" is "the radial gauge", in this example is "displaying MONTHLY values" and keyed to May + 2016.

What happens in June, unless we "manually pin a June + 2016 version"?

OH, I suppose if there was a slicers for "current month" versus the "actual month" like May that this could work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors