Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Modelling in power bi

Hi,

Thank you al for all your support till date.

Need help again in one of scenario i am facing issues with.

I have model in power bi which is built up using views in sql server.

I need my dashboard should filter according to row level security applied and date prompt should show dates based on row level security applied.

It has total 4 views out of which one is date view which is used as slicer in yyyymm format.

This is not filtering/OR even not running properly at run time in slicer when row level security is applied.

now i need to combine all these 3 views into one view and totally eradicate date view.

Reason of combinig is all my visuals in report should filter which are made up using 3 views should filter according to date. 

But problem is it has loads of data and as soon as i try to join two views, outofmemory exception is thrown.

PLease guide what can be other approach to achieve the same.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would create a Custom TSQL, in which you UNION ALL your views, so that it will all be returned into the single dataset.

Along with this please ensure that you are running 64bit of Power BI Desktop, so that you have got enough memory in order to get all the data into the data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

A single view takes 30 min to execute as currently it holds 50 million records.I tried creating a join between two views but then it kept on going for hours and then stopped with error message.
I will try your solution and will get back .

Thank you for help.

Hi there,

I do not know your data, but I would suggest possibly looking into the view to see if there can be some improvements in there. As it should hopefully be quicker to load.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors