Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dilkushpatel
Helper III
Helper III

Migrate Dataset along with Reports and Dashboard between accounts

Hi,

My requirement is as follows

I have two account one with power bi pro license and other one with rial license.

So far we have been working wwith trial license on personal account and we have lots of dashboards there , now we need to move all those dashboards along with datasets and refresh capability to one of the account which has pro license and will be used as repository for all reports across org.

So far I tried creating content pack but with content pack issue is that new account will not get refresh capability so soon when other account gets deleted\disabled this reports and dashboards will stop refreshing

So is there any good way of achieving this? (don't want to re-create all dashboards....)

Thanks,

Dilkush

2 REPLIES 2

@dilkushpatel Since you built everything in a personal workspace, there is nothing you can currently do. From my perspective your only option at this point would be to open a support ticket with the Pro account.

Other ways to "Kinda" get there.

If the account has been free this entire time, you will get the free year long Pro Trial as an option on June 1st. This will provide you ample time to move things, or wait for functionality to accomplish this. Here is an idea that looks like that functionality is overdue.

If you created the reports in the Desktop, you could republish to the new account, but you would need to rebuild the dashboards.

Either way, also be aware that as of June 1st, you can't share any content to free users. Everyone will need a Pro license, or you need a premium license to share to free users).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Thanks for the response...

Unfortunately we do not have much time to migrate as we have to get this done by mid June so I guess if support could help then good else it will be manual work

Main purpose behind this migration is that they want to disable other account as it is for vendor...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors