Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Members of content pack can't see content

Hi Everyone,

I shared a content pack with a report and a dataset in it and added 10 users to it from my organisation.

They did not receive any notification or email and none of them can see neither the report nor the dataset.

What am I doing wrong?

Could you please show me what exactly should I do if I want a given group to only see (and not alter) a given report and the dataset used for that report?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Firstly what I would suggest is to start using the Apps, which will in time be the only way to share content with users.

Now when you create a content pack or an App, currently it will not send out any notifications. This is because a Content Pack or App will be for the user to go and connect to. 

And when they want to find this data they can click on Get Data in the Power BI Service and then select "My Organization" which will then present them with the Content Packs or Apps that they have got the permissions to see.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ

Thank you very much for the answer. Now it seems to work for the visuals.

Is it possible for the users of an app to actually download the whole dataset shared with them? If yes, could you please tell me how can they do it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors