Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

njrandell
Helper I
Helper I

Live tiles not updating on streaming dataset

I've been having issues getting streaming datasets to work reliably and consistently. I've created a github repo https://github.com/sceneskope/powerbi that has an example of the problem.

The Samples/StreamingSample project runs correctly and writes data every 5 seconds with no errors. I can see the dataset and all the counters, but the data is empty.

PowerBIStreaming.png

Is this something I'm doing wrong? I can't see any error messages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
njrandell
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks

I've identified this issue. I was using the Camel Case Converter in the Newtonsoft Json library, and it was sending the columns with the first character in lower case. In this situation the streaming service didn't recognise the column, whilst the push service did.

Changing my code to not use the Camel Case Converter and it all started working ok. I guess this is a documentation update, but is also an inconsistent behaviour between the push and streaming services.

One other thing I noticed is that the Streaming service does not support measures. Not really an issue, but would be good to make sure the documentation mentions this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
njrandell
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks

I've identified this issue. I was using the Camel Case Converter in the Newtonsoft Json library, and it was sending the columns with the first character in lower case. In this situation the streaming service didn't recognise the column, whilst the push service did.

Changing my code to not use the Camel Case Converter and it all started working ok. I guess this is a documentation update, but is also an inconsistent behaviour between the push and streaming services.

One other thing I noticed is that the Streaming service does not support measures. Not really an issue, but would be good to make sure the documentation mentions this.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@njrandell

Could you please provide a fiddler trace for this issue? You can start the trace before create the live tile, and share the saved .saz file to us through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

njrandell
Helper I
Helper I

To add a bit more information. I've added examples to do PushStreaming as well. Very much the same results.

I can however get a chart to appear on a dashboard by creating a report and then pinning a tile from the report to the dashboard.

PowerBIStreaming2.PNG

This shows data is flowing in, but the individual live cards are not updating

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors