Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sandros1939

Linking report data from Insightly

Hi all,

I am creating report from Insightly web application, and I need to link the following:

- Opportunity name

- Opportunity tasks

- Opportunity categories

- Organizations linked to opportunities

- Opportunity stages

This is at leasI need. I tried in Insightly to create similar report but Tasks are not linked to Opportunity & linked Organizations.

Also I created custom categories in Tasks in Insightly but PowerBi doesn't see all of them - just 4 categories only. Checked all that they are not empty...

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sandros1939,

It seems that you are getting data use Insightly content pack on the Power BI service, and some tables are not linked, right?

Dataset got from the Insightly content pack is out-of-the-box, we are not able to create relationship on Power BI service. In your scenario, you can try to call Insightly API in Power BI desktop, then manage relationship for retrieved tables.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me how can I get data from Insightly at Power BI Desktop using my API key? I couldn't find how to do it...

Thanks!

Hi @Sandros1939,

It depends on the syntax of Insightly API call. You can take a look at a sample which pass API key at the end of the URL in Web data source: Calling REST APIs and Parsing JSON made simple with Power BI .

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors