Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yolanda_meng
Frequent Visitor

Line value missing in combo chart | Update: recognized as known issue but not yet fixed

Hi folks,

I have one line and bar combo chart developed on my Power BI Deskop with one slicer. Everything work fine when I test it on my machine. However, after I publish it online to PowerBI.com, the filtering on the line value is wrong. Have you ever met this scenario before? Is it a bug of PowerBI.com service? 

Please see some images to illustrate the scenario below:

This chart I am seeing the issue is a two measures combo chart by Market/Office. One on the bar and one on the line. The slicer is on the top of the chart.

chrome_2018-06-21_13-46-15.png

When I filter the Market/Office using the slicer, say "Calgary" as showed in the image below, my line value disapprear.

chrome_2018-06-21_13-46-40.png

To view the data it supposed to visualize, below is the table I see when click "Show Data" from the chart. The line value we are looking for is 32.

chrome_2018-06-21_13-47-05.png

Compares to the Desktop version, which is correct, below is the screenshot. 

PBIDesktop_2018-06-21_13-48-38.png

This looks pretty wierd to us, any feedback or advise is apprecated! Or anyone thinks it's a bug? Please leave your comments!

Regards,

Yolanda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think line based visuals are broken for everyone. My area charts are broken on my reports as well.

Work fine in desktop but once published and drilled into, no dice. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
yolanda_meng
Frequent Visitor

Any chance you could help us escalate this issue in front of the Power BI team? A obvious functional issue like this probably is not a good idea to leave alone.

Thanks,

Yolanda

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, they attempted a fix of some sort. It works when drilled down now...but is broken when not drilled down.

GG Microsoft, GG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Debugging....explained

Debugging.gif

fishleaf
Helper II
Helper II

Same issue here. Waiting for a hot fix from Microsoft too 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we get a response from someone who works for microsoft on this. Still broken as of right now (6/28/2018 1:11 pm PST)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think line based visuals are broken for everyone. My area charts are broken on my reports as well.

Work fine in desktop but once published and drilled into, no dice. 

Agreed, same behavior here was just reported by my users yesterday on a standard line chart.  In IE/Edge things disappear, in Chrome sometimes the dots are plotted on the graph but at the wrong position in the Y axis.  Very concerning.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news is....since it appears to be a service based issue impacting the entire community, and not something that's impacting individuals, it should be something that they can figure out and fix for all of us. 

Just a heads up for others this is totally not fixed as of today and is not listed as a "outage" or "aware" on the Power BI Support site.  If this is at all like the chiclet slicer issue in the past you had to open a support ticket to get any information directly from Microsoft as to when the fix might be applied in the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted ticket just now (10:41 am PST) for those of us experiencing the issue.

Anyone get an update on this?  As of this AM its still not working on my report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

No one from microsoft support has spoken to this or the ticket I submitted for those of us who have voiced the concern. If you're part of this chain, please reply so it bumps it up the forums and hopefully we can get a response.

I checked today and my report still has this issue..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Likewise. The title has been updated to known issue though, that is good. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors