Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

donbesada
Frequent Visitor

Last Refresh Date on Dashboard not working

Hi all,

I've created a new dataset via the API and have the following issue:

- When pinning a single visual from a report in the dashboard, the tile Last Refresh Date works fine when adding rows via the API

- When using 'Pin Live Page' to add my report with all visuals to the dashboard, the Last Refresh Date does not update although the data is correctly updated on the dashboard when I refresh my browser.

Is it a known issue ?

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hello - 

It is by design that live report pages pinned to dashboards only update when the page is refreshed. To see data update in real-time on a dashboard as you push data to the API, you will have to pin individual visuals.

From the documentation:

"Pinning an entire report using the pin live page option will not result in the data automatically being updated."

Also, from the dialogue that appears when pinning live tile:

"Pin live page enables changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the page is refreshed."

-Sirui

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hello - 

It is by design that live report pages pinned to dashboards only update when the page is refreshed. To see data update in real-time on a dashboard as you push data to the API, you will have to pin individual visuals.

From the documentation:

"Pinning an entire report using the pin live page option will not result in the data automatically being updated."

Also, from the dialogue that appears when pinning live tile:

"Pin live page enables changes to reports to appear in the dashboard tile when the page is refreshed."

-Sirui

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @donbesada,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. I have reported this issue internally. Will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. Please keep me updated.

Sure. Smiley Happy Your patience and support is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors