Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rakeshr

Issue with data

Hi,

Do I want to know there is an option to reflect real-time data in publish to web link?

Now it is taking more than one an hour time to reflect the data in my application.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rakeshr,

As I said originally, publish to web feature update data approximately whatever dataset used. You can create dashboard tiles via streaming dataset, then use Embedding with Power BI to embed the dashboard in a application, the data in application will be real-time as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rakeshr,

According to this article

The cache is long-lived, so if you update the report definition (for example, if you change its View mode) or refresh the report data, it can take approximately one hour before changes are reflected in the version of the report viewed by your users. It is therefore recommended that you stage your work ahead of time, and create the Publish to web embed code only when you’re satisfied with the settings.

In your scenario, what you get is expected. If the report does contain sensitive data, please do not use publish to web feature to embed reports. I would suggest you use Embedding with Power BI instead, the report data refresh based on the dataset refresh set on Power BI service side, for detail information, you can post a thread in Developer forum. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I want to know there is an option or tools which can reflect the data real time in report view for users because they want real-time data reflection on the graph.

Hi @rakeshr,

You can create a streaming dataset to create a dashboard tile, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

I created a streaming database but it real-time reflection on the server not in embed code link(publish to web) which I display in my application.

Hi @rakeshr,

As I said originally, publish to web feature update data approximately whatever dataset used. You can create dashboard tiles via streaming dataset, then use Embedding with Power BI to embed the dashboard in a application, the data in application will be real-time as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors