Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AxelPrunier
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue with Chiclet Slicer on online reports

Hi everyone, 

I have been facing a bug for the past few days with the chiclet slicer. 

I use it across my dashboards, and it works perfectly on the Desktop version. But once my reports are shared online, I have been noticing (and other users of my dashboards have been noticing the same) that the chiclet slicers are not working properly.

In fact, when I click on an element of the slicer, the visuals are not filtered accordingly (nothing happens). But when I click again on the same element of the slicer (to filter it out), then the visuals are filtered based on this element. This is very strange and it strongly alters user experience...

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Thanks.

Axel

PS: I am using Chrome.

Edit: I've tried on Microsoft Edge: same problem.

93 REPLIES 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiecing odd behaviour similar to the others in this thread. 

My client is on Report Server March 2018, and when using the PBI Desktop March 2018 the chiclet slicer works fine, showing images and filtering as expected. As soon as it's published to the Report Server, the images cease to display and the slicer is no longer functional.

Above it's mentioned it was fixed in the service, yet i can't find any information regarding the fix being available to Report Server users. 

Is there any chance that we can get an update on what is happening for those that use Report Server? As my client is quite frustrated around this limitation/bug/breakage between development and production.

Regards

Chris

@Anonymous, Could you please ask the client to migrate to the new Report Service August 2018 version?  The issue has been fixed a while ago.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals,
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikitagrachev Testing the August version right now!

Thanks!

Chris

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Can you please confirm whether the filtering issue has been rectified as the Service Health Portal in O365 (ID PB118776) states it is, however we (along with everyone else) cannot seem to get Chiclets working?

The temporary solution of clicking refresh on the report after a selection does help, however it is quite embarrassing to be telling our clients that we don't know what the problem is or when it is to be resolved.

Republishing all of our 100+ reports is not a feasible solution and the correspondance so far from Microsoft is conflicting about whether the problem is actually resolved.

Any update on this would be mucha appreciated as it's having a major impact on our service.

Thanks

Jarrod

AxelPrunier
Advocate II
Advocate II

Apparently some colleagues using Safari do not have this issue... 

I really hope this will be fixed soon as my dashboards are currently almost not usable at all. In fact, viewers do not understand how the slicers behave. Plus it makes it impossible to make screenshots of the pages as a filtered visual does not appear as so in the slicer.

anet22038
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here!

remcoseegers
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Please solve asap.

jldaley86
Advocate II
Advocate II

We're having the same problems with our reports. We have several reports using the Chiclet Slicer and since the latest PBI Service update a few days ago all our reports are not functionining correctly, with the same problem as you.

Can someone from MS please confirm whether this is a known bug?

Thanks

Jarrod

Tenho 10 paineis e este problema e relatado pelos usuários, recentemente tinha dois usuários usando o mesmo painel no mesmo momento, um apresentava falhas e outro não. Portanto concluo que deve ser um problema do serviço

We had a weird bug where it was filtering, but not the correct one. 

For example if we had USA, EUROPE, ASIA. And we selected USA, it would show the data from EUROPE. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors