Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AxelPrunier
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue with Chiclet Slicer on online reports

Hi everyone, 

I have been facing a bug for the past few days with the chiclet slicer. 

I use it across my dashboards, and it works perfectly on the Desktop version. But once my reports are shared online, I have been noticing (and other users of my dashboards have been noticing the same) that the chiclet slicers are not working properly.

In fact, when I click on an element of the slicer, the visuals are not filtered accordingly (nothing happens). But when I click again on the same element of the slicer (to filter it out), then the visuals are filtered based on this element. This is very strange and it strongly alters user experience...

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Thanks.

Axel

PS: I am using Chrome.

Edit: I've tried on Microsoft Edge: same problem.

93 REPLIES 93

@todea, have you tried to add the same parameter to the embedded url? 

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals,
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

@nikitagrachev yes I have tried adding the parameter to different places in the embedded URL but it breaks the report load. 

Yes the chicklet works correctly when using that url.

todea
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Axel, did this definitely get resolved? The chiclet issue is affecting us in the same way as you. Fine on Desktop and also on powerbi.com for a few seconds after published until the chiclet breaks. Tried all the workarounds in this thread and no joy so have logged an SR. Thanks, Tim

Microsoft released another update this month - perhaps that impacted it again?

@KellyDittmar, no, we updated ChicletSlicer a month ago.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

I agree - but given that Microsoft released Power BI earlier this month, I wonder if that Jan Power BI release has had a negative affect on the chiclet slicer again? 

I agree with @KellyDittmar given our report was working fine for a few months without change and then issue appeared suddenly. We are having to use the basic slicer as a workaround. PowerBI support have so far suggested standard troubleshooting like checking chiclet force selection and edit iterations are set to on but these were already enabled.

@todea, I haven't received your pbix file, please send it again.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

Apologies @nikitagrachev the file has been blocked as a dangerous file type by our email servers. Do you possibly have a file transfer drop location? Our SR 118011517461538 with PBI support is active and the support agent suspects there is an inconsistency between app.powerbi.com servers as they can replicate the issue here in AUS but not in the US. 

From PBI Support "Our Product Team has succesfully reproduced the issue locally. Looks like this issue related with slow connection to cdn. This issue also can be reproduced with latency on downloading pbiviz.json. This issue has already been marked as a bug and Product Team is working on a fix now. Please keep using workaround first." - Our workaround is to use the basic slicer for the trouble chiclet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  Any ETA?

No ETA as such but I had an update yesterday as follows: "When internet works fast chicklet slicer update function called twice. With slow connection to cdn update was called only once. And function applySelectionFilter() doesn't work at all as we expect. Same issue occurs with other slicer custom visuals like SmartFilter by okviz. Looks like a slow connection causes the DSQ to be sent before the slicer is up and running, so its filter settings aren't taken into account. We see that when changing the filtering after load, data refreshes and is filtered correctly. Product Team is still investigating the root cause and working on a fix now."

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not experienced this issue since the last 'fix'.

Though if the standard filter panel in Power BI was genuinely end user friendly, e.g. have a mandatory select option, which is the main issue for me, then we wouldn't need the chiclet slicer or any other custom slicers at all.

@nikitagrachev

@todea, please send you sampe pbix report to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com, we'll check it.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

sent pbix file as requested to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Mardin
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Any ETA on when the fix will be applied? It it extremely embarring that multiple production reports are not working correctly for several weeks.

review posts above Mardin - timeline was discussed. 

The selection in ChicletSlcier should work correctly now. Please try to check it again.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

It is now working for me @nikitagrachev

@jcarville have you tried to clear browser cache? and restart the browser.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors