Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kapilmahajan
Regular Visitor

Issue in Dashboard loading in Import Mode

Hi    

I have a dashboard with import mode and its fetching the data from Azure SQ Db and sometime the dashboard is loaded in seconds and sometimes it takes a long time (minutes) to load. Not sure if this what could be the issue. Is there a way to improve performance. What are the things the performance is dependent?

8 REPLIES 8
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I have few questions for u dude.

1. Are u saying the entire dashboard Loading  is slow or any particular visual is loading slow ?

2. Did u used any Custom visuals on your dashboard ?

Suggestion :

Try with latest browser . Edge or Chrome latest updated one.

If custom visuals there pls delete that and check once.

Let me know

HI Baskar

All the visuals take time.

I have not used any custom visual.

Can somebody help me with how much RAM does the app take?

Is the dashboard loaded at runtime in the browser at first time and then cached in browser.

I have seen that the first time I load the report it takes time but next time its fast.

Can someone explain how the Import publishing works till the report is loaded in browser.

Cool,

Now u r in cloud it mean Microsoft Server so don't worry about RAM and other hardware configuration.

U have to work on Datawarehouse side and Power BI Desktop. 

Example :

Check your DAX Code performance using DAX Studio.

Reduce and remove unwanted column etc....

HI Baskar

My taskbar shows 200 M RAM taken by chrome so was thinking may be browser is caching the data.

Also what is the reason for the report taking time first time and not next time.

First time it will getting the data from source , that u r correct .

Once it was loaded then it was stored in cache bec of it was loaded at second time is faster then first time.

My Suggestion :

1. Try with latest browser, even check with Microsoft Edge.

2. Give high importance on Data Modelling  part, Like DAX Optimization.

3. Reduce your data Size.

I am using some slicers and I saw that Slicers reduce the performance. Are there any other tips for increasing the performance.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi@kapilmahajan,

As you said, it takes seconds and sometimes it takes a long time (minutes) to load, then the issue can be caused by several factors.

• Client issue. You computer may run lots of other application that takes most of memory at loading data time.
  • Network issue.
  • Server issue. You datasource my be connected by many clients and query data at the same time.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thanks Charlie.

I checked and the i tried closing all other applications and running only the browser. But still its taking time.

The network connection is not an issue as the connection is 100 MPBS.

Also the data source I am using to connect is the one I created for this report and no one is using it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors