Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

Issue after publishing dataset to Power BI Online

It has been seen that whenever we make any changes to report in Power BI Desktop like cosmetic changes or replacing with new visualization and publish the same to existing dataset in Power BI Online, dataset replaces and reports works fine. 

But when we add any new calculated column/measure or new column in datatset in Desktop and replace the same on Power BI Online, changes are not reflected online and hence visualization using this new column/field breaks or displays error.

Ultimately we need to delete the old dataset and replace this with new dataset in Power BI Online and is time consuming and kind of rework.

So is this a know issue or am I missing something from my end? 

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

We are also facing same issue. Any structural changes to datasets do not refelect correctly in PBI Service and we have to delete and redeploy it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

We are also facing same issue. Any structural changes to datasets do not refelect correctly in PBI Service and we have to delete and redeploy it.

Has anyone discovered a work-around for this?

After publishing, stakeholders will inevitably ask for alterations to the report. It is unreasonable to have to delete and redeploy entire report/dashboard due to minute changes in PoweBi Desktop file... 

Why do all topics with this issue just get marked solved and no solution is found. I am having the same issue, but will not let me redeploy anymore. 

A force refresh in the browser sorted my issue like this out - hitting refresh in the PBI Online screen made no difference...

I too had to force refresh PBI for the claculated measure to show. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors