Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

margeausoboti
Frequent Visitor

Is custom page size supported on the cloud?

I have set a custom page size for my dashboard. I am successful in publishing the dashboard, however the browser does not load. Does powerbi support custom page sizes on the cloud? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, thanks for all of your help with this issue. You are correct, the sizing does work. I was signed into another account on the desktop than on the browser. I changed that and now it works. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@margeausoboti It should be honoring the same settings you have in regards to layout... what is the custom size you are using?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi, my dimensions are 1350x6500. So its a long page that can scroll with a lot of graphs. Thanks!

@margeausoboti That is really long.. You will most likely run into issues due to the sheer number of visuals on 1 page. I was able to create a custom size page that big and it works in the service. The Report pages show just as they do in the Desktop, if I pin the live page to the dashboard it shrinks the visuals down.

What version of the Desktop are you on?

I would really recommend that you probably create a seperate report page/s as rendering a large number of visuals on 1 page may be the issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the feedback. I am using version 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017). I even tried publishing a page that size with only 1 graph on it and still was facing issues.

@margeausoboti Interesting. I haven't grabbed the second release this month, so I'm still running Version: 2.46.4732.461 64-bit (May 2017)

Do you have the old download? Though I don't really know if the issue would be on the Desktop side...

What are you using as a datasource? Are you using it with other reports you've already deployed and it's just this report that is causing issues?

I am not sure what you mean by "old download". I am using a very small data set that I entered manually as a test.

@margeausoboti You can install previous versions of the Desktop. Just go to your downloads folder and look for the "PBIDesktop_x64.msi file. Look at the install date for the last time you installed it, if you have more than 1 the file name will end with ""(<some number>).msi"

I have only downloaded that version once and installed it on 5/8

@margeausoboti Let's switch gears. So you publish the PBIX file and there is a dataset and reports created in the Service. You are saying that the report doesn't render, or that after you pin a visual to a dashboard, the dashboard doesn't render?

Can you create a new report from the dataset that you published, or do you encounter issues there as well?

Hi, thanks for all of your help with this issue. You are correct, the sizing does work. I was signed into another account on the desktop than on the browser. I changed that and now it works. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors