Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dstramilov
Helper II
Helper II

Incremental Data Loads for PRO or FREE version?

Will Power Bi support 

Incremental Data Loads

for Pro of Free version?

I am getting data from online app thru API to Power Bi, API started to limit me on getting all data all the time for one of the table.

I need option to append only last month data.  

I see 

Incremental Data Loads 

is coming in Premium version, but pricing for one user $10k per month is not acceptable. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@dstramilov

Beginning June 1, no changes are being made to Power BI Pro and Power BI Desktop. The free service will have capabilities equivalent to Power BI Pro except peer-to-peer dashboard sharing, group workspaces (now called app workspaces), and analyze in Excel.

For details, please refer to this FAQ.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Thank you for your reply, my understanding that Power BI Pro currently doesn't support incremental data load. Example: if I want to append last month data from a data source like online app thru power query (API calls). I see that incremental data load function is coming to the premium version.

My question: Will this functionality be available in the future for free or Pro version?

@dstramilov

I have not seen any specific plan to implement this function for free or pro version now. This is currently planned to be availabe only for premium users in future release.

Incremental Data Loads for PRO or FREE version_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anyone knows answer this question, please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors