Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jbatth

I can not share my reports on On premise gateway

Hi,

I am new to Power BI. We've installed on-premise gateway to which we can publish the report. Our concern is, we can not share the report with other users. Attached Image will show that we do not get any option. 

I've tried to look into guided learnings and other platforms, but couldn't find anything. Hence I am posting the question. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know whats wrong.  You are confusing sharing reports with shareing dashboards.  Go to each report and select "Pin Live Page".  That will create a dashboard.  If each report has multiple pages, you can either turn them into multiple dashboards or 1 dashboard with multiple pages.

Alternatively, you could create an App Workspace and instead of Publishing from your Power BI Desktop to "Personal Workspace" you can publish to the App Workspace you've created.  Then you simply add people ot your App Workspace.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jbatth

I unfortunately cannot see the image.

As well as Sharing when connected to the On-Premise Gateway will require a Pro license.

Here are further details around what currently (09 May 201&) is classified as Pro content

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-power-bi-pro-content-what-is-it/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, thanks for the reply. We have Pro license and have setup enterprise gateway on the server. We can see the gateway and can publish a report on it. However, I am not getting any option to share it with other PBI Pro users. 

Hi @Jbatth

When you mention that you can see the gateway and publish to it, can you please give some further details?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Error.png

Above is the snapshot of Power BI app store. As you can see I am not getting an option to share my report. Below is the snapshot of enterprise gateway. As you can see I am one of the administrators.   Gateway.pngGateway2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know whats wrong.  You are confusing sharing reports with shareing dashboards.  Go to each report and select "Pin Live Page".  That will create a dashboard.  If each report has multiple pages, you can either turn them into multiple dashboards or 1 dashboard with multiple pages.

Alternatively, you could create an App Workspace and instead of Publishing from your Power BI Desktop to "Personal Workspace" you can publish to the App Workspace you've created.  Then you simply add people ot your App Workspace.

Thanks a lot, Ross :   I was certain that it will be a tiny detail missed by me. Unfortunately, I could not find anything on the training video. 

Do you have any links for details of PowerBi App service or Gateway? 

I dont think you can share reports this way - creating a dashboard will let you share it the way you are currently trying

Otherwise you might have to release the reports as a content pack

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you using Free or Pro license and you don't publish to the gateway, you publish to the Service?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors