Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tairo
Helper I
Helper I

How to update a dashboard for a 3th party?

I created a dashboard for a customer. I connected the dashboard to Azure table storage on the server of my customer. The data of the dashboard will be updated once a week. Both my company and my customer have an PowerBI pro licence.

What will be the best way to make sure that the third party has access to the dashboard in their PowerBI service platform and that when the data in Azure table storage is updated the dashboard in PowerBI service will be updatet also?

Is the best way to mail the dashboard as a pbix file to my customer so that they can open the dashboard in PowerBI Desktop and  publish the dashboard to their power bi service platform themselves. When the data is updated will the dashboard also be updated?

Kind regards,

Arno

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Tairo,

I'm a little confused about your scenario, could you describe in more details? Do you company and your customer in the same app workspace or tenant? 

Firstly, the dashboard should not be saved as a pbix file and open on Power BI Desktop.

Do you mean report? Report could be download as as pbix file in Power BI service. Then you could share the pbix file to your customer.

When they open the pbix file in Power BI Desktop and publish it to Power BI Service, they should set refresh settings.

Besides, we normally share dashboard to the end user even the user outside your organization, they could view the dashboard with an email link. If the dashboard has been updated, the end user will see the updated dashboard by the email link.

Also you could create an app with the dashboard to your customer.

Reference: 

Share your work

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors