Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shubh
Frequent Visitor

How to refresh shared Dashboard/Report

Hello,

I have shared a report to my mate which was being scheduled refreshed by on premise gateway on my account.

Now, if my mate also want to refresh that shared dashboard/report to get the latest data as i get everyday.

How he can achieve that??

Or as my dashboard/report is refreshed daily, will that be automatically reflect to the shared one on my mate's account??

Please reply for this as soon as possible.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
gauravbi
Regular Visitor

This chrome extension did trick for us.

https://spgaurav.blogspot.com/2019/04/chrome-plugin-to-auto-refresh-power-bi.html

Note : This wont work with full sceen

@Shubh To add to this: If you are using "Import" then you can only schedule up to 8x per day.

The shorter answer is that the end users that you share reports with can't initiate a refresh to the report you share, the report author controls the connection/schedule.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about manual refresh? Can end user refresh report manually? And am I right saying that first dataset needs to be refreshed in order for report to be updated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you both are looking at the same report, then it will be refreshed based upon your dataset settings. You can setup the data refesh up to every 15 minutes if you want to keep the data up to date. This option is set on the dataset for this report.

See the information here;

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

Another options is to author 2 reports if needed and use the same dataset for both reports. You can set the refresh interval based upon your needs.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors