Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seeneenc
Regular Visitor

How to change date format from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY in Power BI Service?

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any Zuora users out there who also use Power BI Service (not desktop)?

We are trying to change the date format in Power BI as it currently is set to a US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

As the data is ingested into Zuora is currently set to DD/MM/YYYY as we are in Australia, not all of the data is coming through.

Hoping for a mircale fix!

Thanks in advance,

Geoffrey

8 REPLIES 8

@seeneenc Unfortunately there is no way to change the datatype or format in the Service. There is an effort to add those online services as data sources in the Desktop, but Zuora is currently not in there yet. Wish I had a better answer 😞

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer 

Hi,

We are facing the similar issue right now. Could you please confirm the fix is avaliable for the issue or is it still in progress?

We are building Power BI dashboards on SSAS and when the reports are published to Power BI Online, Date format is converting back to "MM/DD/YYYY" format.

Also, I tried changing the date format for this field to "DD/MM/YYYY" at SSAS level and when the Power BI report is published we are noticing that the Table/Matrix in the dashboard is showing the values in "DD/MM/YYYY" but the report date filter still shows the format as "MM/DD/YYYY".

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated!!

Regards,

Ashok 

It is a little bit rustic solution, but you can split the date into separate columns in query editor > add column > Extract. Make separate column each for Month, Day and Year.

Then you can put together in the order you wish. I.e.: add custom column:

Text.From([Day])&Text.From("/")&Text.From([Month])&Text.From("/")&Text.From([Year])

Thanks for the heads up @Seth_C_Bauer! Much appreciated 🙂

Hoping there is a fix/solution soon.

@seeneenc

As @Seth_C_Bauer said, currently it's not supported to change the date format on Power BI Service. You may submit a feature request on idea. To workaround this, you can create an extra text column for expected date format.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks for the response! I've seen few submissions for Zuora to be integrated yet no responses for those.

I'll submit one myself and see how we go.

As for the text column to change, we are using Zuora as a billing engine for electricity metering/usage. The data that we receive from our service provider is set in a way that we can't readily change. We are hoping more of a solution that would take out the need from extracting data ourselves from Zuora to put into pbi - to make it more autonomous.

Best Regards!

Hi

I just found the answer which was obvious....after I read it....but certainly not before 😄

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-convert-dd-mm-yyyy-to-mm-dd-yyy-or-any-date-format-i...

Hi

I just found the answer which was obvious....after I read it....but certainly not before 😄

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-convert-dd-mm-yyyy-to-mm-dd-yyy-or-any-date-format-i...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors