Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsvnanoop
Regular Visitor

How do I view usage statistics of my report in Power BI dashboard?

I have a Power BI Pro account. I would like to view the statistics and insights of a report that I published on the web. That is, I need the number of clicks on the report, no of clicks on each filter/chart etc. How is this possible on Power BI?

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@gsvnanoop

You can see usage level statistics by going to settings in power bi service and clicking admin portal. However for that you need to be O365 global admin and your organisation need O365. Refer to the link below.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-service-march-update-part-two/#usage

I believe this report only shows who has created reports.

What @gsvnanoop is after is the number of times an end user has viewed or used their report.  I don't believe this infomation is available yet.  We are certainly keen to access this to understand more about how much our internal users are using Power BI.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark & @gsvnanoop - I'm also looking for this type of report but doesn't seem to find option in Power BI. Is there any other alternative for it or maybe 3rd Party reporting?

Hi,

Is there an answer for this question yet? I know in the Admin portal you can enable, "Create audit log for internal activity auditing and compliance" but I doubt my firm will allow this because of this disclaimer:

disclaimer.PNG

Thanks,

Dan

exactly.. this is what I am looking for. Hope Power BI includes this as early as possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors