Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

How Power BI Refresh will work on service

Hi Team,

I want to know how Power BI refresh will work.

EG: I have created one report by using Azure SQL Server with import data option after creating i have published on the power bi  service and scheduled the refresh.Here we not using any gateway's to refrsh the data we are using AZURE Direct connection.

when created the report i have imported 20Mil records to create.

After published report to power bi Service if any new data comes in the Azure SQL Server how power bi refresh will work it will refresh entire data including 20mil records+new data or else it will refresh only the new data.

Any idea?

Regards,

Bajee.

3 REPLIES 3

@bajee It will refresh the entire dataset. So it will re-pull all records on every refresh.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi

As per you If It will refresh the entire dataset it's taking 17Mins to refresh in Power Service.

If i refresh same report in Power Bi Desktop its taking amost 1 Hour. Why Its taking toomuch time in power desktop.

Any idea 

Regards,

Bajee.

@bajee Your machine power vs. Hardware used to support Power BI would be my guess.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors