Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wendell

Hiding Report Level filters in the Iframe

I'm attempting to show a PBI dashboard (from a .pbix file on SharePoint Online) within a Dynamics 365 on-line CRM iFrame.

1. I setup the allow embedded PBI dashboards in CRM settings.

2. I've added SharePoint and CRM to the IE Trusted sites.

3. I've tested dozens of SharePoint generated (and custom) URLs in the iFrame with "&action=embedview" argument.

I can get working URLs that attempt to download the .pbix file from SharePoint so the basic access works.  The challenge is getting the dashboard content to display within the iFrame instead of downloading the file.

Here is an example: https://xxx.sharepoint.com/Power%20BI/Projects.pbix&action=embedview

What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Wendell,

Currently, we are able to embed a report stored in Power BI service into Dynamics 365 on-line CRM. But if you want to embed a pbix file, no matter it is hosted on SharePoint Online or local machine, Dynamics 365 on-line CRM iFrame cannot display the report content, it cannot verify the URL of pbix file. In other words, to embed Power BI report into any web site, we have to generate the necessary iframe code in Power BI service.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors