Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Abenson
Frequent Visitor

Guest User Access to Published Apps

I added a guest user to my Azure AD tenant, then added the guest user to a published Power BI app. I was able to add the guest user to the app, however, when the guest user attempts to access the Power BI app using the link to the app, they receive a message that they don't have access to the app. The guest user has a Power BI pro license. Anyone have advice on how to enable guest access to Power BI apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I would suggest doing is to Share the dashboard with the user.

Due to it being a guest user, I have found that this is the only way for the guest user to view your reports (Dashboards) because even though they are a guest they do not belong to your current tenant.

When you do this, the user will get a unique link that they can click on and when they access it, they will see the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I would suggest doing is to Share the dashboard with the user.

Due to it being a guest user, I have found that this is the only way for the guest user to view your reports (Dashboards) because even though they are a guest they do not belong to your current tenant.

When you do this, the user will get a unique link that they can click on and when they access it, they will see the data.

Power BI Blog

Thanks Gilbert. I will implement this as the solution, and hope that apps in the future can be shared with guest accounts. Thanks again. Very helpful and quick response. Cheers.

Happy to assist, and yes I also do hope in the future that it will be able to be shared via the Apps.

When you do share the dashboard the user will be able to see it, but it will look slightly different due to the user viewing the report as part of your Power BI Tenant. So I would suggest that they bookmark the URL.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors