Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

terpsbmore
Helper I
Helper I

Grouping Cards

Hello All!

I am new to Power Bi and I am finding it pretty awesome so far.

I have been working data that needs to be displayed with a forecast as well as period to date. My report is currently set up with a Line and Clustered Column Chart (combo chart) with actuals vs forecast. Counts displayed in the bar and percentages displayed as a line with the date range set to 1 week from today via a report level filter. I also have several card visualizations set up to forecast, actual, and delta with the date range of period to date (ptd) via visual level filters. I currently have to filter the card visualizations individually and I would like to group them to filter all at once. Is this possible with Power Bi Service? Or is there another way I should be setting up my report, page, visual filters?

Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@terpsbmore,

In Power BI Service, there are two methods that you can use to achieve the above requirement.

1. Copy the card visualizations and paste them to another report page,  then set page level filter for them.

2. Create a slicer in your current report page, click on the slicer, turn on Visual Interactions, then select Filter for the card visualizations and None for other visualizations. This way, you can use the slicer to filter only the card visuals.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@terpsbmore,

In Power BI Service, there are two methods that you can use to achieve the above requirement.

1. Copy the card visualizations and paste them to another report page,  then set page level filter for them.

2. Create a slicer in your current report page, click on the slicer, turn on Visual Interactions, then select Filter for the card visualizations and None for other visualizations. This way, you can use the slicer to filter only the card visuals.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The second solution you provided worked perfectly! I can now filter the cards as PTD with the main combo graph displaying ptd and forecast.

Cheers,

AG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors