Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Live data from MySQL

Hi ,

I have a MYSQL as Datasource from which I pull data created some custom calculated column and now implemented it using Power Bi visuals. Now I am facing issue in seeing the Live data. To see the real time data I need to go to Refresh button in reports and then the data gets updated. I checked in Settings there is a option to Schedule refresh but even that is disabled. I see there is some Gateway thing which needs to be established but I am not getting the right documentation for that.

I would like to know how to configure Gateway, when it is a required, and what should I do to automatically refresh my dataset

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As the MySQL is on-premise data source, after publish the report to service, we need to configure the dataset to use on-premises data gateway. You can install the on-premises data gateway follow this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem. Then create a MySQL data source under gateway and configure the dataset use the gateway follow this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-scheduled-refresh

You can set the Schedule Refresh for the dataset, also you can click Refresh Now to refresh manually. After the dataset is refreshed, we can open the report and data are updated. But if we open the report before dataset is refreshed, we need to click Refresh inside of the report or refresh the browser page to see the updated data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Buen dia, creo que estan tocando dos temas distintos en este hilo, una cosa es MySQL y otra es SQL Server, Yo tengo un problema similar al del mensaje original, tengo mi base de datos en un servidor de base de datos de la empresa, necesito que mi informe que esta en la nube de power bi se conecte al servidor de MySQL para que se actualice, pero me pide que instalar el Gateway en el computador donde tengo el poqer bi desktop, el problema es que si tengo el computador apagado, suspendido o fuera de línea por cualquier razon, el informe de la nube no se actualiza. Debe haber alguna forma de conectar el informe que esta en la nube con mi servidor de base de datos MySQL corporativo, puede alguien decirme como????

Hola Ramon, pudiste resolverlo, tengo el mismo caso

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

I have SQL server 2008 R2 version and I am unable to setup Enterprise gateway for this. Do I require newer version os SQL server or 2008 should be compatible for gateway. Objective is to schedule a refresh of my data.

Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous,

Please not below points:

1. On-premise data gateway only have the 64 bit version currently, make sure your SQL Server is 64bit as well. 

2. Make sure the machine which hosts on-premise data gateway can access SQL server. 

If from the machine hosts your current installed gateway, you can access SQL server. You can create a SQL data source under Manage Gateways without installing new gateway. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-sql

By the way, it seems this question is different from the original question. I would suggest you post different issue in a new thread next time. If the original issue is solved, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer? Thanks. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for the response, the question was to schedule a refresh with SQL server as database and I went through the article you shared in first response and there they have mentioned 2012 Sql version is only supported. I am stuck now how to go ahad with 2008 R2 server as client is not ready to upgrade the Sql version.

@ramon74 

If it is SQL Server, Please refer the below link to know the supported versions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-data-source-prerequisites

If you have any queries, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

BR

venal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors