Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeremy_Rogers
Frequent Visitor

Gateway administrators cannot delete connections using Internet Explorer

I've recently found that for some odd reason I cannot delete an on-premises data gateway connection when using IE 11.0.9600.18426 in the "manage gateways" interface of app.powerbi.com

I can click the "..." next to the connection name and the remove option comes up, however the popup confirming deletion never appears in IE as it should.

The same activity works fine using Chrome.  Anyone else experiencing the same?  

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jeremy_Rogers,

Do you encounter the issue in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer? Based on my test, I am able to remove gateway data source in IE 11, for more details, please check the following screenshot.
1.PNG

However, when I remove gateway data source by using Microsoft Edge, as your post, the popup confirming deletion doesn’t appear.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I encounter it in IE11. Specific version of IE11 in OP.

I don have edge as I'm operating on a Win7 machine in this case.

Hi @Jeremy_Rogers,

I am not able to reproduce your issue even when I delete gateway source on a Windows 7 machine, please check the following screenshot. Could you please refresh your web page and clear cache in IE?
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This issue went away for me after some updates were released for the Power BI service last year. 

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Jeremy_Rogers I can replicate your issue. Seems like a bug. Should report it to MS support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors