Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kral_06
Frequent Visitor

Free user cannot find app workspace

Hi! I am a pro user and have created an app workspace in premium capacity. I have added a free user as a member, and he received an email that he had joined the group. Howerver, in his HQ he cannot find the workspace in question. Where can he find it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kral_06,

Free users can consume the Power BI Premium Capacity via the published app. See more details below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-app

The other option is to assign Power BI Pro Licenses to users for consuming Reports and Dashboards in the Workspace without publishing them as an App.

Keep in mind, if the App Workspace is NOT on Premium capacity, then all users who access it via an App will require a Power BI Pro License.

Hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kral_06,

Free users can consume the Power BI Premium Capacity via the published app. See more details below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps#publish-your-app

The other option is to assign Power BI Pro Licenses to users for consuming Reports and Dashboards in the Workspace without publishing them as an App.

Keep in mind, if the App Workspace is NOT on Premium capacity, then all users who access it via an App will require a Power BI Pro License.

Hope this is helpful!

Hello @Anonymous,

I have a follow up Question. I am consuming data from dynamics 365 to generate Dashboards which will in turn be consumed by users of Dynamics 365 (Embedded as Power BI Dashboard).

1. Would all of the users require at least a free license to view Dashboards in CRM (and Interct with slicers by clicking on a tile to open corresponding report).

2. Is there a way to restrict users from going to Power BI Service site via "Open in Power BI" buton on CRM ?

PS: All reports and Dashboards are developed in Premium Capacity Workspaces

Hello @Anonymous,

I have a follow up Question. I am consuming data from dynamics 365 to generate Dashboards which will in turn be consumed by users of Dynamics 365 (Embedded as Power BI Dashboard).

1. Would all of the users require at least a free license to view Dashboards in CRM (and Interct with slicers by clicking on a tile to open corresponding report).

2. Is there a way to restrict users from going to Power BI Service site via "Open in Power BI" buton on CRM ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors