Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Free User but not Provisioned for 1-year Pro Trial - What's wrong?

Why? Why was I not provisioned with the 1-year trial? been using PowerBI since January and been active to date.

What is wrong? Does anybody else experience the same thing?

chrome_2017-06-02_11-31-29.png

11 REPLIES 11
Cyberrat
Regular Visitor

Same problem for me. I have been an active user since December last year. I know our company will be investing in the premium offer as we just finalised full global rollout of Office 365 but since that will take a while having the 1 year extension would have been perfect during the transition. I am pretty sure I had a message in Power BI settings in May saying that I qualify for extension but when I logged in after 1 June I only got the option for 60 day trial 😞

kkemseke
Frequent Visitor

I only get the option to upgrade my account. Would that be because I've tried out Power BI Pro before?2017-06-02 12_17_41-Power BI.png

@kkemseke and @ovetteabejuela - can you send me a private message with your Power BI details? I will take a look.

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

I have the same effect, users are not being offered the "extended trial". Just the plain 60 days one ...

I can see the same effect. Users are not being offered the "extended trial". Just the plain 60 days trial...

+1 I have the same effect in my user

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi, I did get the pop-up for my user account that was using a previous Free Account.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

hI @Ajay / @GilbertQ,

Is it possible to use PowerBI without signing up for a free account of your an Office 365 user? I have been using PowerBI since January 2017 and have been publishing / sharing dashboards since then 'til now.

Ajay
Employee
Employee

Did you get a popup to opt in to the one year pro trial ? Also check your power bi Notification Center to see if you have a message about the one year pro trial.
Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.

I am getting the same issue across my entire organisation.  How can this be remedied?  Thank you

Hi,

We have same issue in our organization. View only users have been using free or trial for some time now -- some of them have been able to extend Pro trial to 1 year and others have not. I can't find any differences between the accounts.

Best regards,
Mediha

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors