mim Member

Re: Fixes to Power BI Pro License Required Dialogs

[ Edited ]

@worldundermine i guess you have two solutions, either you pay or use something else

btw if your reports are not too much complex, you can try Google Data studio, it is "free" you can have multiple people working on the same reports, and  you can sign in using your company email account. 

@mim, I think you have misunderstood the concerns from the community.

Microsoft has mistakenly outpriced itself from large organisations which are its core customers. PowerBi is more expensive than Qlik and Tableau server. This is the issue. Organisations have put forward business cases for Power BI because it was a cheaper solution based on its original pricing structure. And now it is easily double the price of Qlik and Tableau. Absolutely ridiculous.

D

mim Member

[ Edited ]

@djnww I understand the concerns because I am trying to sell PowerBi to the management since 1 year, but Microsoft did not change the pricing, yes they choose to not enforce some features when you share PRO with free users ( officially it was a bug, but i understand if someone thinks it was deliberate) but the documentation is very clear.

They Know exactly what they are doing, they are pushing corporate to use office 365 E5.  

for me personally my biggest concern is, there is no guaranty that the free features will always stay, Microsoft can always change their mind and remove or limit a free feature, I suppose that's the risk with this new world of cloud ?  

and still for the cloud PowerBI is still the cheapest option, for example tableau online is 40 dollars/month,  how is that cheaper, Qlik cloud is 21 dollars/month.